Open Letter to My Lost Ravenna



Dear Heel of My Shoe,

I would like to first apologize for my failure to realize your significance in my life. I thought my swag was all mine, my two step too but now that you've left me, I see it was you... holding me down.

It's no surprise you sent karma in the shape of an adorable shelter dog to chew at the heart of you until you were no more. Your guts and innermost feelings spilled on the floor atop my rug. And though I miss you dearly, I know that, to me, you shall never return in original form.  

As I wear the shoe where we first met, I reflect with joy despite the pang of your absence where you used to caress my skin --we had some good runs --and know that if you could, you would have stayed but it wasn't your fate.

So I bid you farewell.  Till our paths cross again, I shall fondly remember our moments together and await your acquaintance anew. For, in any shoe, in any style or lifetime, I would recognize and certainly appreciate you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck between Black and Blue

Seizing Opportunity

No Other Like It