2-Ply Blessings


One day my youngest daughter went to use the bathroom then cried out in her emergency voice "Momma!"
I darted from my bedroom to her aid. She asked me. "Are we cutting back?"

"What are you talking about cutting back?" I asked, puzzled by her question.
With her face contorted in concern, she continued "1-ply toilet paper? Where's the soft stuff?!"

I laughed until my sides hurt then explained that the toilet paper purchase was a mistake and not an indication of impending financial doom as she feared. Satisfied at my explanation, she finished her business and I returned to my room feeling both blessed and amused.
What had happened was…   My older daughter  accidentally bought the wrong case of toilet paper but we'd ripped it open before anyone realized. 

This moment was hilarious to me and at the same time brought things into perspective:  If my child's biggest complaint in life is an accidental downgrade to 1-ply toilet paper, we're doing alright for ourselves despite how it might feel at times. Thank you God!

Inspiration
Our complaints can indicate the breadth of our Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck between Black and Blue

Seizing Opportunity

No Other Like It